Sunday, 29 November 2015

My Acrylic Wig


I needed to but an acrylic wig to use for both my historical and contemporary assessments. Therefore I visited a wig shop called Wow Accessories in my local shopping centre, which had been recommended to me by my tutor. The staff in the shop were very helpful and advised me on the best wig to choose for my assessments and allowed me to look at several before I made my final decision.


The wig I chose was a lovely medium brown colour and was very long at the back with a long fringe at the front. I chose the longest wig they had because at this point I was still deliberating on which decade and hairstyle I was going to choose. This was because we had not yet learned the 1940’s hairstyles which was the decade I was most interested in but I needed to buy a wig so that I could practice working on it. Therefore I choose a wig that could be made shorter if needed and that was a colour that could be used for any decade. The wig is heat resistant up to 106 degrees, the curled structure of the hair can be easily changed and the size of it can be adjusted to fit different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment