Thursday, 3 December 2015

Contemporary Assessment

















Overall I am pleased with the final outcome of my contemporary assessment. The texture of the hair was smooth and sleek and i achieved this by combing the hair into place and then setting with hairspray. The structure of the hair in the up-do could have been neater as some of it is a bit bumpy and uneven but the shape of it is what I was aiming for. I changed from my original design slightly as I was going to have a strong side parting but i found this difficult to put into the wig so I swepped all of the hair over instead. In the end I actually think this makes the style tie in better with the 1940's look and flows into the up-do better than a normal side parting would. At the side of the hair it is a little bit messy as I struggled to manipulate the hair as I was sweeping it over to the side. I should of combed it more so it laid completely flat against the scalp and possibly secured it with hidden grips. I managed to style the front of the fringe how I wanted to and it fell into shape how I had planned. The side part of the fringe I think I should have completely blended into the up-do as I looks slightly out of place.
For the make-up I was happy with the colour of the lipstick as I think it works well with the colour of the wig and dress. I was pleased with the style of the eyeshadow but I think I could have done the colours a bit darker so they show up on camera more and the same with the bronzer because this also gets lost in the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment