Tuesday, 1 December 2015

During Historical Final Assessment

 


 In the assessment I put an off centre parting into the hair and sectioned off the hair at the front. I then pinned padding into the back of the hair and pinned the hair over it to cover it and too create the structure at the back of the hair. I then pinned the ends of the hair which were curled on top of the structure for decoration. I then manipulated the hair at the front near the face to create curls and secured them with grips. I also swepped the fringe back and used small grips and hair spray to keep it in place.








To prepare the hair I put pin curls in  the front of the hair and then put plaits in the back and wrapped them around. If the wig needed to stay on for a long period of time or my models head was going to move a lot for example if she was dancing then I may have also used pin curls at the sides and back of the head as they provide strong anchor points to grip the wig to. However as my model was only wearing the wig for a short amount of time I did not feel this was necessary. I then placed a wig cap on my model's head and secured it with grips. I also secured the wig with grips when I put it on her head.









Before I put the wig on the model's head I completed her make-up. I did pale skin with a matte finish because this fresh skin look was popular in the 1940's. I also used red lipstick as it was popular in this decade and I defined the cheeks using a bit of blusher in quite natural colours. I used a bit of brown eyeshadow and mascara to define the eyes but I wanted to keep the look as a day time 1940's look so kept everything apart from the lips quite subtle. The top she is wearing is a colour that was often worn especially at the beginning of the 1940's during the war when the women were doing jobs previously done by men. A high neckline was also popular as it was practical for when the women were working. I should of covered my model's tattoo as very few people especially women had tattoos in the 1940's. I thought the top would cover it but unfortunately it did not so next time I will check this before hand because the tattoo would not of been that difficult to cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment